Emotec rapid and sustainable coverage of 2G/3G/4G and Beyond using small cell technology
With growing demand for mobile network access, operators find it is very challenging to provide network coverage in deep rural or upgrading the technology to meet data usage demand due to various reasons but mainly
- Civil work cost
- Equipment Cost (e.g. Base station/Node B)
- Backhaul Cost (especially for rural)
- Time to Market (Deployment duration)
- Operation and Maintenance cost (including power)
- Sustainability Challenge (Declining ARPU)
- Churn (Driven by QoS, pricing & competition)
- Growth (Where will growth come from?)
- Technology choices (2G/3G/4G)
Emotec Small Cells Solution privides software defined radio with flexibility of tuning radio network on 2G/3G/4G and beyond. It allows the mobile network to improve in both coverage and capacity while minimising the CAPEX and OPEX. This gives operator the following benefits
- Improve 3G coverage indoors by having access points.
- Create network capacity
- Improve macro network QoS by off loading traffic.
- Reducecost of service delivery through low equipment cost and low power requirement.
- Improved QoS and lower tariffs – enhancing customer retention and reducing churn.
- Enhanced acquisition through capturing whole families on the network.
- Further stimulate premium data services by removing cost and convenience barrier at home